Photo courtesy Lyle Whitworth. Used with permission.
We went to the McCain rally today. Just Tom, me and our friend Tim. It was very hot, and thought it would be best to leave the kids home.
Knowing our way around the venue, I was able to get us to a good spot...just as close as many of the photographers. When the speeches were over, McCain & Palin came around and shook hands, and so I got to shake hands with John McCain, Cindy McCain, Sarah Palin (I commented to her congratulations on her baby, and she replied along the lines of what a sweetie he was) and her husband, and Huckabee and Romney.
McCain was shorter and skinnier than I expected.
The more I learn about Palin, the more I like her. She's just PTA mom turned VP candidate. She not corrupt and worn out in politics. Fresh face, adds a little excitement to the campaign.
4 comments:
Did you watch the Republican convention?? Phil and I watched it last night and tonight on C-Span 1. It was so good. Really worth watching! Phil and I sure got all fired up. And now, for sure I feel like I am going to make a good choice when I vote in this election. I was sorta worried about our selections of candidates this time. We aren't rreally Republicans or Democrats - just Christian conservatives, I guess. We vote for the person and the platform, not the party. And we loved what we heard from Palin tonight. She is wonderful. We also heard speeches from Huckabee (whom I have always loved), Juliani, Lieberman, Fred Thompson, Romney, and many others. All good. Plus, it looked like the delegates were having a great time
there. You actually got to shake their hands? Wow!
Yes, I watched it. I love Sarah Palin now. Loved her joke about the what's the difference between a pitbull and a hockey mom...lipstick! She answered my concerns about energy, even though I'm not sure about drilling in Alaska.
I just added a photo of me at the rally.
I'm anxious to see McCain's speech, and hopefully hear him talk about what he is going to do.
You can be sure with the two of them that you're getting good character. I just can't get over Obama supporting babies that survive late term abortion being left to die. Deplorable.
Wow Ann I am so jealous. I really like Palin too and I don't know if we can go to the rally tomorrow night or not. I wasn't real sure on McCain by himself but SP was definitely the swing for me. If McCain croaks in office I would be very happy to have SP as President.
Post a Comment