One day when I was little Mom and I decided to try out this recipe. It has become my favorite cookie recipe EVER.
Swedish Ginger Cookies
1 c butter
1 1/2 c sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 T orange zest (grated orange peel)
2T dark corn syrup
1T water
3 1/4 c sifted flour
2 t soda
2 t cinnamon
1 t ginger
1/2 t cloves
Cream butter & sugar. Add egg & beat till light & fluffy. Add orange zest, corn syrup; add water & mix well. Sift dry ingredients together, stir in. Chill. Roll out 1/4" & cut out with cookie cutters. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet, 375 degrees for 8-10 min.
Ice with a powdered sugar icing & decorate.
(I don't roll out, I use my cookie scoop and flatten with a glass. I also don't sift the flour, I just use a little less.)
1 comment:
Mmmm! I can just smell these cookies baking. Guess I'll try them for Christmas this year!
Beautiful bows. You sure do beautiful work. Lots of talents. Like your Mom.
Post a Comment