First we toured a montessori school. It's a nice school, but I don't know if it's right for Morgan. It's pricy too. But it does offer things that other schools do not. I can't see just sending Morgan when I think it would be nice for Elisha too, and they have classes for her age. It's too expensive to send them both.
Then I looked at our public school. The principal was nice, the atmosphere seemed friendly, it seems adequately funded. I've heard mostly good things about the school. It's not Catholic, and while I'm not terribly worried about 1st grade, I do worry about issues after a couple years. I believe an option would be to send him for just a few subjects.
Morgan and I went to look at the school at our church. There wasn't much to see. It's older buildings. The reviews I've heard are somewhat mixed. I don't know that it's worth the price with what I'm hearing.
There are several other schools in the diocese, including a couple where neighbor kids go. I've tried to look into some of them. They teach religion and have mass, but I'm not sure that there is anything special otherwise. But there may be a good one in there somewhere, I just don't know how I'd find it.
I came across another school that is a privately owned Catholic school. It sounds pretty good on paper. I'm talking with a lady who has children there and she thinks it's great, but I don't have a bunch of people to ask about it. It is quite pricey, and a little further away, but on the way to work for Tom.
And there is a homeschool academy that offers classes 2-3 days a week, and then the parents help with the material they are learning at home the other days. I had a friend whose children went there and it worked very well for them. It sounds like the best of both worlds, but really it's a compromise of both worlds. You don't have the same control over the curriculum , but the kids are home more and do get to be in a classroom environment as well. It's a ways from our house, and the location and start times would mean I'd be doing all the driving.
The two schools I'd like to really look at are very pricey AND very far away.
I need a little guidance. Or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment